Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Here is Core Progression’s FINAL recipe from our trainer’s Holiday Cookbook. This Healthy White chocolate Holiday Bark is from Core Trainer, Kelly. This recipe is a sweet and crunchy holiday candy loaded with heart-healthy dried cranberries and antioxidant rich almonds. Perfect for an after dinner dessert or as gifts for your guests!
Yield: 30 Servings (serving size 1oz)
Prep time: 15 mins
Chill Time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
About 140 calories per piece
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup oven toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ pounds of your favorite white chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the sliced almonds and unsweetened coconut in an even layer on the baking sheet. Toast 5-8 minutes and let cool
- In separate bowl, combine almonds, coconut, rice cereal, and dried cranberries. Save ¼ of mixture and set aside.
- Place chopped white chocolate and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large heatproof bowl, set over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir with spatula until the chocolate is melted
- Remove the chocolate from heat, and fold in the almond mixture. Spread mixture evenly on parchment- lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on the reserved ¼ cup topping. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has set. Break the bark into small pieces and serve!
Notes from Kelly:
This delectable holiday desert satisfies your sweet tooth and is loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats! It makes for great leftovers and easy on the go snacking.
To add a twist replace the dried cranberries with dried cherries for different flavors!