Here is a quick, easy, and healthy Christmas energy bite, a no bake recipe from Core Trainer, Jarrett, that is a must have for those that have a sweet tooth. They are simple, fast, AND festive, especially if you use red and green mini m&ms. There is also a bonus recipe below these awesome bites!
Yield: 25 bites
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: NONE
Total Time: 15 mins plus chilling time
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup “snow” finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup Christmas M&Ms, coursly chopped or crushed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds or ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup peanut or nut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Scoop out 1 Tbsp at a time. Press and roll into balls.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat! Store bites in sealed container.
- **If your mixture is very sticky, add more oats or chill mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes and then roll into bites.
Notes from Jarrett:
Beware not to eat too many…they are addicting! If you want to try an alternative give almond or all-natural peanut butter a try!
Healthy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
These one bite protein bites (also no bake) are from Core Trainer, Nick. They are a great snack that is packed full of healthy fats and protein! Just like the recipe above, these will be super fast and easy especially if you are on the go!
Yield: 3 bites
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: NONE
Total Time: 5 mins
About 150 calories per bite
- (1 scoop) Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar/salt/oil added)
- Put the protein powder in a bowl, then stir in the honey and peanut butter.
- Stir until everything is incorporated (it takes a while).
- Add any toppings you want.
- Roll into balls with your hands. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later!
Notes from Nick
Add raisins, chocolate chips, walnuts, or coconut for a little more flavor!