This light, and fruity twist on your traditional salad comes from Core Trainer, Erica! Don’t get stuck using the same old ingredients when there are so many new, healthy options out there. Try something creative like this Grapefruit, Endive, and Arugula Salad that is packed full with fresh, nutritious ingredients and you won’t be disappointed!
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: NONE
Total Time: 15 Mins
- 2 medium red grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 small heads endive, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 (5-oz.) container baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl; squeeze membranes over a bowl to extract juice.
- Combine lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Place 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a bowl; add endive. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Arrange half of arugula on a serving platter, and top with endive mixture, remaining half of arugula, walnuts, cheese, and reserved grapefruit sections. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
Notes from Erica
Tossing the endive leaves in the vinaigrette first softens their bitter edge. You could also sub thinly sliced fennel or chopped Romaine hearts.