Here is another great salad with fresh ingredients to keep things exciting this holiday season from our trainer, Jeff. The mix of berries, balsamic, and cheese is delightful – and it is easy to make!
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 20 min
Serving Size: 1 Cup
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 small cooking apple, such as Braeburn or Gala, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled blue, feta, or goat cheese (chèvre) (2 oz.)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, yogurt, preserves, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In an extra-large serving bowl, combine spinach, romaine, apple, cheese, pomegranate seeds and walnuts. Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Pass the remaining vinaigrette.
Notes From Jeff
This festive salad features colorful greens, fruit and cheese tossed with a light and zesty dressing.